Growing up - Key Stage 1
Here you’ll find answers to some common questions concerning growing up.
Select the underlined questions below to see more.
- I need the important grown-ups in my life to love me. I need them to always tell me when I’m doing things well and support me when I need help. If I am worried, hurt or ill I need them to look after me.
- I like to talk to adults and children I know well. I might do more talking than listening while I am learning.
- I need lots of positive attention from the adults that care for me. If I have brothers and sisters I might get jealous of the attention they get, especially if they are at home when I am at school.
- I also like having brothers and sisters at home to play with.
Top tips to cope if you have worries about growing up
If you need help coping, here are some ideas that may help you:
Who can I talk to?
- Someone you trust at school
Getting more help
If I do not want to talk to an important adult in my family or school and I feel worried or upset, I can phone Childline on 0800 1111 or visit their website www.childline.org.uk. They will listen to me and try to help me.