Information, advice and support to help you maintain your wellbeing during these challenging times.
Shout is the UK’s first 24/7 text service, free on all major mobile networks, for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere.
Here you’ll find answers to some common questions concerning your sleep heath.
Select the underlined questions below to see more.
What is sleep health and quality?
Sleep is an essential part of life but just because you slept for 10 hours doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll feel better for it! Our sleep is broken into cycles that process memories, emotions and allow the body and mind to rest. So we can thrive next day.
Why is my sleep so important?
Who is most likely to struggle with sleep?
Why we struggle with sleep?
- Set regular sleep and wake times
- Reduce screen time before going to bed
- Do something relaxing before bed like reading or a warm bath.
- Use an alarm clock instead of your phone, reducing temptation
- Write down to-do’s and worries then you can forget them until the morning.
If you’re struggling with sleep, here are some ideas that may help you cope:
Who can I talk to?
- Someone you trust at school
- Youth worker
- Health professional (GP; Counsellor Nurse)
- Charities and Helplines
Select the underlined topics below to view what resources are available.
Getting more help
If you haven’t already found the help you’re looking for, you can find additional information and services which are more interactive here.